Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Random catch up

I have so many stories I want to write down before they are forgotten so this entry is going to be very random.

First off, Addy loves exploring outside the river house with Nick. She finds the thickest brush and makes him walk through it with her and loves running around outside. One unfortunate day she ran into a cactus. Tacus, as Adalynn calls it hurt her little ankle so now she wears boots every time we go for a walk anytime we pass a cactus she asks "Remember when tacus hurt me?"

Speaking of exploring, I took the kids jogging down a long stretch of road nearby. We passes horses, cows, deer, houses, a cemetery and a rustic wedding venue. The only part Addy remembers though is that we passed a dead deer that had been hit by a car. She proceeded to talk about said deer for the next two and a half miles. "Why him do that?" "Maybe next time him not get hit by a car and died!" "I'll blow him a kiss. That make him feel better ." Let me tell you, those two miles felt like 8!

Charlie is smiling, laughing, cooing and blowing raspberries. That boy is only three months old and weighs a whopping 17 lbs! His nickname around here is The tank or Tank tank.  The first time I had the joy of hearing his laugh he was fussing and I swaddled him up. That made him smile but try to free his arms. I said "You just like this so you can practice escaping" and he looked at me and laughed. I think we have a little trouble maker on our hands!

We went in to SA recently and saw family and friends. We had dinner at Super Gma and Gpa's house and afterword she and Addy played a game about a spider coming to chase them. It was so sweet to see Grandma acting so young and running away from imaginary spiders with Addy. We watched the Super Bowl at Matt and Kayla's beautiful new house and had a great evening spending time with our old friends.  Cason and Addy got into a pit of a wrestling match (Addy was showing off her forward rolls and Cason tackled her) and she got her very first bloody nose. She was not happy about it mainly because her clothes got messy. I love that prissy girl!

Today we had gymnastics and are getting ready for our friends to come for a tea party after nap. Addy helped me make dessert (my attempt at petit fours failed so I picked up the crumpled pieces to make some cake balls) and pink lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment