Thursday, November 15, 2012

Branching Out

One of Nick's only problems with living at the river house is the lack of neighbors, specifically neighbors with children so Addy and I could make friends. I am kinda shy and already have friends an hour away so I am ok without tons of neighbors but Nick insisted I try. He has a way of being right about a lot of things and the more I fight it, the more embarrassed I am when he turns out to be right again. So I have been looking for activities online without much luck for over a week now hoping to find something that would be a good fit for a toddler and a newborn.

Well today after the dry cleaner I stumbled upon (read: God led me to) a park when I was kinda lost looking for a different park where a moms group was meeting. I was really excited that Addy got to play with other kids close to her age and I was able to talk to some moms about things to do around town. I have been looking up their suggestions while Addy and Charlie nap and I am excited to join this group.

In other news, both kids slept most of the night last night and I no longer feel like a zombie. Charlie only woke up to eat once and Addy stayed in her own bed until 6 am. We all needed that. Nick is working in Fredericksburg today and I can't wait for him to get home so we can enjoy more family time! Sweet Addy has been wanting to do everything he does lately including wearing his shoes and a tie and typing on her learning laptop saying she has to do work. She has heard so many work phone calls with Nick working from home that she now answers her play phone "Hello, Nicholas Wood". I love my precious little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment