Wednesday, November 14, 2012

First Alone outing with two

This morning Charlie had his newborn screen at 9am. One would imagine it would be no problem to get out the door by 8:30 when you get up at 5:30 but we barely made it. Charlie fell asleep after his middle of the night feeding at 4, Addy woke up and wanted to sleep with me at 4:45, and Charlie woke up to eat again at 5:30. As you can guess things were tiring and a tad hectic around here this morning.

We made it to the doctor and almost missed being called to the appointment because Addy had to go potty and Charlie proceeded to pee on everything while he was being weighed. It was like a waterfall in there.

Charlie had to get a heel stick to take a blood sample and Addy was a big helper with calming him down. I told her she could get a treat for being such a good helper and she wanted ice cream. I sadly discovered that neither frozen yogurt place in town is open at 9:51 am so I took her to Whataburger to get an ice cream she could drink. Yes, I fed my two year old a milkshake in the car. Sigh, so much for the plans I had of always having healthy snacks around and not being that mom. Raisins just wont cut it sometimes.

Grammie, Aunt Shirley and Uncle Daniel came out to the River house for a visit today. Daniel spent the morning fishing while the rest of us stayed in and Addy entertained everyone with her ballet moves that she learned from watching Angelina Ballerina and Charlie sweetly snuggled with Aunt Shirley. I just got the kids down for a nap and am hoping to catch a quick sleep myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment