Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Toddler-less Tuesday

Adalynn's Lolly told her last weekend that she had tickets to a bouncy house and wanted to take her one day. Addy thought that meant right now so she has been talking about how she wants to go to the bouncy house non stop since Saturday. Lolly came to town today to pick her up and take her for a big girl day out. While she was gone I washed dishes, cleaned counters, washed and folded laundry, cleaned the bathroom and made beds. I also got to have lunch with Nick at a local Bar b que restaurant and ran to HEB. Charlie was very sleepy from being up at 10, 12:30, 3:30, and at 5:30 he was up for the morning so he made it pretty easy to get things done. It's amazing how productive I feel getting our home in order after the move.

I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with my two sweet kids. I had always wanted to stay at home because my mom stayed home with us and I had such a wonderful childhood. Nick taking his current job has allowed me to do be with my kids all day everyday and to know all of their favorite things and share so many special moments (and a few not lovely moments to be honest) and I know exactly who is influencing them during most waking hours each day, me. I will always be so grateful to my husband for this special time while Addy and Charlie are little.

Now Addy is home from her Lolly date and we are playing play dough and doing puzzles. I'm being called away to build a tent and who can resist that.

No comments:

Post a Comment